- Alignment: Evil
- Appearance: Toads look like toads in our world. They often
carry nets and tridents but rarely wear any clothes, if ever.
- Diet: Who knows what toads eat? We're never really told.
- Typical Personality: Toads are none too bright. They fight in
large groups and seem relatively superstitious. They are often
cowardly and, to the reader, can be a bit silly.
- Habitat: Toads mostly live in marshes and in the sand dunes near
- Habits: Toads often talk in the third person - I can't remember an
instance where any toad has ever spoken in first person. They
run words together and croak a lot.
- Classification: Family: Bufinodae; Species: Bufo calamita
- Other Names: British toad, Natterjack toad
- Appearance: The British toad has short hind legs and a squat, fat
body. Its skin looks leathery and is a mottled grayish-brown
color. They can be up to 10 cm in length.
- Diet: Toads feed mainly on worms and any small flying insects that
they can catch with their tongue.
- Habitat: Toads have been found in shallow ditches, puddles, and
even salty areas of water.
- Habits: The British toad goes into a semi-hibernation in the winter
months, staying burrowed in the mud.
- Life Cycle: Eggs hatch fairly quickly after being laid, and after
one to three months, the toads make their way onto land.
- Sites for Further Research: