About the Armory
The categorization used in the Armory might be a
little confusing to some, so this section is here to explain that. Please
remember that the way I'm categorizing weapons is not necessarily the way they
are classified elsewhere. Weapons that I couldn't find information on
other than a short description do not have their own page.
- Blades: Any weapon that uses a hilt and a blade will be listed
here. This includes swords, daggers, rapiers, cudgels, and the like.
- Polearms: Any weapon that is a blade mounted on a pole/shaft is
listed here. Included are axes, halberds, and pikes.
- Spears: A usually triangular blade on a pole.
- Missiles: Missiles are projectiles that can be manipulated by a
single person, including slings, javelins, bolas, crossbows, and bows and
- Siege: Siege weapons are listed in this section, such as catapults,
siege towers, ballistas, etc.
- Other: Anything that did not fit into the above categories, such as
tridents, nets, maces, clubs, whips, etc are included here.
- Armor: Defense is just as much a part of an armory as
offense. Here is various armor and shields.
- Heraldry: On shields and flags, there are often patterns and
symbols, each meaning something different. Here's an explanation of
- Links: Links to other sites.